The open-world RPG, Kingdom Come: Deliverance releases tomorrow, and players are starting to notice the day-one patch is massive at over 28GB download on consoles.
One of the first to report this download size was a user on the Resetera forum. In response to this, Warhorse Studios executive producer Martin Klima explained to fans there is a good reason for the day-one patch.
The production realities of game development mean that a ‘release’ version has to be finalized some time before the actual release date. We could have used this time to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it. The results are obvious: quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and every facet of the game got more polish.
The drawback of course is that most of the data in the old build was replaced and has to be downloaded as a patch. At a hefty size, it’s going to take some time to download and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after four years wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!
Here are the features you can expect with the day-one patch:
- Addition of multiple new events to the open world.
- Massive improvement in dialogue animations.
- Gaining money and experience is rebalanced.
- Weapon and armour stats are rebalanced.
- General combat improvements.
- Improved NPC reaction time.
- Sound propagation adjusted.
- Archery is now possible in stealth mode.
- Improved Persuasion UI.
- Plus numerous other bug fixes and improvements.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is out tomorrow, February 13th, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.